Posted by: National Security Agency on Sep 01, 2021
Fort Meade , MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
Description of Position
NSA offers a variety of program types and sizes that support a vast range of experience levels at hiring and as selectees advance in their careers. In support of the NSA mission, as a Program Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle of a program to realize mission outcomes. While operating at a high ops tempo, the selectee will interface with various levels of personnel, management, and organizations throughout the Agency, as well as with external customers and contractors. Experienced Program Mangers leverage their expertise from a variety of areas to effectively and efficiently deliver programs that protect the nation.
We are seeking passionate Program Managers to lead and shape the future of program management functions. As a Program Manager at the NSA, your responsibilities may include:
- Establishing and managing cost, schedule and performance baselines for programs
- Implementing best practices and processes to track progress of services and development of capabilities in terms of defined cost, schedule, and performance outcomes
- Adjusting priorities and resource allocation based upon objective program performance data
- Providing metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making based on data
- Establishing governance processes for program and related reviews
- Overseeing testing that satisfies DoD/ODNI/Industry guidelines while demonstrating that an acceptable level of customer expectations have been assessed and met
- Leveraging data and analysis from systems engineers, configuration managers, contracting officers, and/or financial managers to inform program performance measures
- Providing program status reports and briefings to internal management, NSA senior leadership and government oversight officials in the DoD, ODNI, and Congress
- Collaborating with senior leaders, senior technical leaders, system engineers, and fellow program managers to help develop a strategic vision and goal for the organization
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative program/project analysis such as Earned Value Management
- Leading people and/or projects at a significant level of responsibility preferred
- Delivering program requirements
- Monitoring contract performance and execution across its life-cycle (for example, perform duties of Contracting Officer's Representative)
- Understanding information technology and telecommunications products, programs, tools, and processes
- Utilizing effectively using the Microsoft Office suite of tools
The follow certifications are preferred:
- DAWIA in program management or equivalent (level depends on position)
- Project Management Professionalization (PMP)
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
How To Apply - External:
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: