Posted by: Newport News Shipbuilding (a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries) on Jan 12, 2021
Newport News , VA
Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.- Newport News Shipbuilding requires a Bachelors Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program.
1. A strong Design or Test background with one or more of the following CVN Shipboard Systems: Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Plants, or Potable Water.
2. Excellent writing skills to write technical reports and to perform final Engineering review of test procedures.
3. Good leadership skills and project management experience (test coordination, resource planning, and test scheduling).
4. Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers, including Waterfront Construction Management, Design and Construction Engineering, Test Engineering, SUPSHIP, NAVSEA and Ships Force.
5. Capacity to evaluate problems relative to impact on the overall plan/schedule and formulate mitigating action plans.
6. Must have an understanding of the importance of safety, cost, schedule, and quality with respect to the company's product.
Req ID: 3189
Department: E25 TEST ENGINEERING
Entity: NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Travel Required: Yes, up to 10% of the time
Relocation: Relocation assistance will be available
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Virtual/Telework Opportunity: No-Teleworking is not available for this position
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: No - Clearance Not Required to Start
Huntington Ingalls Industries employs more than 42,000 people throughout the United States and around the world. We are America's largest military shipbuilder and one of the largest defense contractors for unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services and fleet sustainment. Our employees build, engineer and innovate complex products and solutions for our customers on a daily basis - we do the Hard Stuff, Done Right. Each year we hire thousands of business, engineering, IT professionals and tradespersons to accomplish our mission. Why not become part of something bigger than yourself, find your purpose, and join HII today.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
HR. Website URL: