Posted by: WR Systems on Jan 12, 2021
W R Systems, Ltd. has a need for an associate Alteration Installation Technician (AIT) to perform shipboard electronic systems and equipment installations onboard US Navy Ships.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Routing, banding and terminating (connector fabrication) cables.
• installing and modifying equipment racks and the removal of existing systems and equipment which may include but not limited to the following:
o Interior and Exterior Communications
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Three (3)+ years of practical experience to include maintenance, repair and installation of shipboard electronic equipment.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, tools, requirements and procedures within the field of electronics repair, fabrication and installation.
• Previous installation experience to include installation of equipment, cableways, cables, connectors (multi pin, and coaxial), and the assembly of mechanical parts as necessary per the tasking.
• Ability to work in an industrial shipboard/shipyard environment, climb ladders and wear all required safety equipment.
• Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics and have the troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve problems.
• Able to lift (up to 75lb), carry and transport heavy equipment and materials required for the job.
• Able to receive direction from higher level technicians and complete tasking according to approved procedures and practices and also provide leadership, guidance and direction to more junior level technicians.
• Must possess good communications skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks.
• Self-management skills.
• Decision making skills.
• Travel and work independently.
• Be teamwork oriented.
• NAVSEA Copper Connector and Fiber Certifications a plus.
• OSHA 10 Hour Maritime.
• NAVSEA Cableway Certifications.
Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.
WR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, traits associated with race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including lactation, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, veterans' status, or any additional factors that are protected by law. Please see https://wrsystems.com/our-responsibility/ for more information.
HR. Website URL: