Posted by: SAIC on Sep 15, 2020
BROOMFIELD , CO
SAIC is hiring a 3rd shift Service Desk Technician to support HHS in Broomfield, CO.
• This job is the front line of contact for support with various technical issues and questions; supporting users via various channels such as telephone calls, chat, email, and online requests.
• The employee performing this job is required to communicate with the end user to diagnose, understand, isolate, and resolve a variety of issues dealing with hardware, connectivity, network infrastructure, computer systems, as well as proprietary and commercially available software.
• Provide front line technical support to local and remote users via calls, chat, email, and online support and service requests
• Utilize technical skills, historical records, knowledgebase, and other available tools to analyze and diagnose customer issues
• Support commercial and customer specific applications and software
• Support operating system and internet browser issues
• Support desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, scanners and other hardware
• Support wired and wireless network connections
• Support network infrastructure issues affecting end users
• Assist with password resets and account unlocks
• Assist with set up, installation, and configuration of hardware and software
• Diagnose, isolate, and resolve issues with network connectivity
• Create, edit, and update documentation, instructions, and knowledgebase articles
• Utilize an incident tracking system to create, work, and resolve tickets
• Clearly document description of issue and troubleshooting work done for escalation, review, and audit purposes
• Effectively determine when to escalate issues to specialist teams
• Provide excellent customer service to the end user
• Communicate with supervisors, peers, and end users to effectively solve issues
• Follow all company and department policies and procedures
• Additional responsibilities may vary depending on the contract and position
• Must have a High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of relevant workexperience or an Associates and 1 year of relevant experience.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
• Must have at least one yearof experience in a Support desk / customer service environment.
• Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
• Proven experience providing effective and professional communication
• Proven ability addressing technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
• Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Experience with common software and operating systems
• Knowledge of IT support Best Practices
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Ability to follow procedures under stressful conditions
• Availability to work flexible hours in a 24x7x365 environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
HR. Website URL: