Posted by: SAIC on Sep 15, 2020
POSITION: Engineering Technician - US Navy - Mk-45 5-inch Gun 54/62 Caliber Gun System
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA aboard US Navy ships ashore and afloat (CONUS and OCONUS)
SAIC is seeking an Engineering Technician to provide technical support and engineering services for Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 294. The position will conduct engineering/technical evaluations, perform equipment functional checks, perform troubleshooting, test and analysis and equipment repair to correct MK 45 5-Inch Gun System, operation, maintenance, and connectivity faults. The position will provide Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the operation, repair, and maintenance of MK45 Gun System and provide support during shipboard Combat Systems tasks including TSRA, INSURV and Tech Assist events.
Additionally, the position will:
• Assist Ship's Force technicians and government personnel at assigned locations to analyze and resolve malfunctions detected during equipment operation and test.
• Analyze equipment review and inspection data to determine source of fault, and recommend repair, replacement or other corrective action.
• Suggest equipment engineering changes toward improving quality and reliability and to facilitate installation, maintenance and repair.
• Prepare reports via 2-kilo, Prisms/ETC Software.
• De-brief and write Technical Assistance Visit Reports (TAVR).
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the 5"/54 Mk-45 Gun Mount
• Demonstrated successful completion of Class "C" school training on the 5"/54 Mk-45 Gun Mount
• A minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience performing 5"/54 Mk-45 Gun Mount inspections and repairs.
• Experience conducting 5"/54 Gun Mount inspections and repairs at a Mobile Technical Unit (MOTU), Fleet Technical Support Center, Atlantic (FTSCLANT) or any Regional Maintenance Center (RMC).
• Ability to interact with and lead multiple maintenance activities and effectively communicate technical information with senior engineers, technicians, Project Managers and Maintenance Team personnel
• Working knowledge of general office computer programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
• Must have excellent communication skills to interface with numerous Engineering and Trades organizations and work with minimal supervision.
• Good technical writing and organizational abilities are required.
• A valid unexpired First Aid/CPR Certification from nationally recognized institution (e.g., Red Cross)
• A valid unexpired U.S. Passport
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DOD SECRET
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Up to 10%
Position is contingent upon award.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
HR. Website URL: