Posted by: BAE Systems on May 27, 2020
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for a TS/SCI cleared Senior Systems Engineer (Innovation Lead) to work with a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment. The qualified candidate will exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness, and applies and/or develops highly advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. This position will provide strong technical and innovative leadership toward the identification and implementation of solutions to our customer's hard technical problems.
The Innovation Lead will often perform a leadership role or act independently in performing the following functions:
• Elicit and translate customer needs into specifications that can be realized and executed by multi-disciplinary development teams
• Work with customers and other program segments to define new requirements for Geospatial systems
• Perform requirements analysis, decomposition, and derivation
• Assess customer-driven Requests for Change (RFC) and lead and/or contribute to Request for Proposal (RFP) responses
• Work closely with software architects to define Concepts of Operations that will support emerging functional capabilities, define required parameters and data formats for ingest, discovery, and delivery services
• Support Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with customers and other programs
• Execute and maintain lifecycle processes to ensure that the systems and services are designed and developed using mature and repeatable processes
The position will be embedded with the Athena prime contractor at their Chantilly office. Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations and customer meetings.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status"
Required Skills and Education Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to interact with and present to stakeholders of all levels Process improvement/innovation to improve flow of delivered capabilities Cultivating a culture of quality and best practices Experience in the development of enterprise software systems Proactive, self-starting attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment Hands-on experience in defining and implementing requirements from mission and functional objectives Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 15+ years of related experience or Master's degree plus 10 years of experience Preferred Skills and Education NSG customer experience NRO experience Analysis of alternatives and engineering studies Familiarity with Agile management and collaboration tools (e.g., Jira) Project milestones and technical review experience Understanding of the software development life cycle Understanding of Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
HR. Website URL: