Posted by: Newport News Shipbuilding (a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries) on Mar 25, 2020
Newport News , VA
The Newport News Shipbuilding division of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) seeks an experienced Paralegal to work in its onsite Law Department. The selected Paralegal will report to the Newport News Shipbuilding Legal Office Manager and work directly with company attorneys and other personnel on contracts, regulatory, and administrative legal matters that impact the company's business activities and U.S. government contracts.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Create and revise internal guidance documents for FAR and DFARS regulatory changes appearing in the Federal Register, including researching the federal register, analyzing the change, developing the written description of the change, and drafting analysis of potential impact on the Company of the change
• Conduct initial contract reviews received from Contracts \u0026 Pricing and provide attorneys with a summary of changes and deviations from prior contract terms and conditions
• Conduct an initial review of exceptions and proposed changes to NNS's standard purchase order terms and conditions (Appendix A) proposed by suppliers and provide an analysis of the proposed exceptions and changes to the supervising attorney
• Conduct an initial review of draft letter contracts sent by Supply Chain
• Conduct an initial review of exceptions taken to the standard Company non-disclosure agreement and provide attorney with analysis of exceptions and proposed responses; redline third party non-disclosure agreement for attorney review in accordance with legal checklist
• Work with program attorneys on significant contract change proposals and requests for equitable adjustment
• Maintain legal guidance documents for contract clauses on the Law Department's internal website on Homeport
• Attend all meetings of the Appendix A Committee and coordinate with Supply Chain on new change grams and updated Appendix A clauses
• Maintain updated and accurate contract files on the Contracts Administration page of the department's G-Drive documenting the attorney advice concerning contracts
• Collaborate with law department team members on process improvements
Conducts legal and factual research; drafts responses to and resolves legal questions under the direction of an attorney. Engages in a variety of tasks in a corporate law department setting ranging from repetitive to those calling for independent judgment and initiative. Conduct initial reviews of non-disclosure agreements, purchase order terms and conditions, and other contract terms and conditions and provides analysis of proposed changes to terms or agreements to the attorney. Prepares agreements, instruments, documents, and pleadings relating to litigation and non-litigation matters under the direction of an attorney. Primary focus of this position will be on contracts, regulatory, and administrative legal matters.
HR. Website URL: