Posted by: 6K Systems, Inc. on Apr 05, 2019
6K Systems, Inc. (6K) provides exceptional Management Consulting, Information Technology and Mission Services to DoD, law enforcement and civilian agencies throughout the United States. In doing so, we utilize industry best practices to develop procedures that ensure compliance, consistency, reliability, and efficiency. As these standards evolve, we improve our level of quality and service to meet new demands.
Consistent with this focus, 6K holds a wide range of accreditations and certifications, including ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management), ISO 27001:2013 (Security Management), and CMMi Maturity Level 2. 6K is a Microsoft Gold Solution Provider (MSCP, MCSE1, MCDBA, MCSA, MCNPS, MCTS, SA, MCITP, MCTEM).
This focus on quality and commitment to unparalleled customer satisfaction drives 6K to continuous improvement and growth. We are determined to grow our business and customer relationships through integrity, superior performance, and an uncompromising dedication to excellence.
We are looking for a professional, experienced FOIA Specialist to join our team!
Individual shall provide technical and information support services to assist the Records
Management Division in the operations of FOIA review and processing and shall perform FOIA compliant services that include, but are not limited to the following:
• Review and process NTSB new and existing FOIA inquiries from the public using FOIA exemptions where applicable; coordinate with staff or
requester pertaining to FOIA cases to determine status or resolve issues regarding requests; review and process the response documents or
• Operate FOIAXpress case tracking and redacting software V10 and above; this includes searches for duplicate and previous requests
• Prepare appropriate draft correspondence to request government coordination and review of documents; interim and final letters to FOIA
requesters; and complete final processing and prepare responses, coordinating with other offices as needed
• Prepare complete FOIA reviews that contain sufficient recommendations, guidance, and consolidated information for the NTSB FOIA Officer to
finalize the agency FOIA decision process and resolve classification, policy, or technical issues
• Maintain a quality control program to ensure services are performed with commonly accepted commercial practices or in accordance with NTSB
guidance and regulations where such guidance and regulations are the stricter requirement
• Bachelor’s degree AND two (2) years of experience in processing Federal Government FOIA requests; (Bachelor’s Degree must be granted from
an accredited institution) OR High School Diploma AND at least five (5) years of experience in processing Federal Government FOIA requests
• FOIAXpress Training Certificate v10 and above
• Must have solid experience working with FOIAXpress v10 and above
• Must have experience with Exemptions 3-7 of the FOIA.
The position is located in Washington, DC. To apply, please send your resume to Tarannum.awan@6kSystems.com
6K Systems offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurances, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
6K Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. EEO/M/F/D/V
High school or ged
Commensurate with experience