Posted by: Cleveland Brothers on Dec 05, 2018
Represent Dealer Parts and Service Departments in a sales capacity for the West Virginia Region. This position maintains, identifies, and develops relationships with customers and prospects within the Gas Compression industry to promote and sell parts products, dealer services, and product support solutions as directed and managed by the Petroleum Business Development Manager. Office location will be our Clarksburg, WV branch.
Summary of Duties:
This position may perform any combination of the following duties; possess an in-depth knowledge of gas compression industry product needs and solutions; establish and maintain ongoing client relationships with prospective buyers and current customers within the gas industry; participate in industry trade shows and association meetings; stay current on all legislative and environmental issues impacting gas industry; perform other work related duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following functions: Other duties may be assigned.
- PSSR will proactively manage the Gas Compression customer base and other select accounts in territory as assigned by management
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate headquarters personnel and key local customers within the gas industry
- Represent Company at Oil and Gas Industry trade shows and association meetings
- Work in cooperation with E&T operations team to support Product Support opportunities
- Work with Caterpillar Oil & Gas personnel to achieve common goals
- Understand Caterpillar Oil & Gas product offerings and how they are utilized by petroleum customers
- Apply good time and territory management practices while implementing a coverage plan
- Follow up on sales leads
- Prospect for new customers and new parts/service revenue sources
- Build collaborative relationships and ensure business integrity is maintained
- Sell parts, service, digital solutions, PM products, engine overhauls and other dealer services to customers within a specified territory
- Must have general knowledge of the Gas Compression market segment of the Petroleum industry
- Must have knowledge on operation/repair options for gas engines and electric generators used in compressor stations
- Employ "consultative selling" approaches to identify and manage customer expectations
- Keep customers informed of parts orders and service work status
- Counsel customers regarding equipment management solutions (EMS) to affect lowest owning and operating costs
- Negotiate win-win outcomes to customer issues
- Use Dealer Business System information (DBS or CRM) to manage sales opportunities within a territory
- Maintain accurate customer equipment information within DBS or CRM system
- Identify and report on incremental opportunities for future sales both within Product Support as well as other areas of the Dealership
- Utilize "Sell the House" philosophy
- Report competitive parts, service and machine information and activity
- Provide input/information into planning and budgeting process
- Support new product introduction (NPI)
- Understand parts, service, and machine performance literature and how to use the Service Information System (SIS)
- Prepare quotes, sales contracts, and related paperwork necessary to close a deal
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thorough knowledge of company policies, practices, and procedures with respect to relationships with prospective and current customers, as well as comprehensive knowledge of products and applications. Solid understanding of total Dealer capabilities.
Significant ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes; strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills; exceptional written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
College or technical degree preferred; however, at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent; or five to seven years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Technical English language skills required. Ability to write routine reports and effective correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, Internet software, order processing systems, and contact management systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, heavy machinery and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation. Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat, and climb; including ability to ascend and descend machine ladders.
Ongoing process encompassing goal setting and setting attainable monthly and yearly objectives intended to reinforce continuous improvement and achievement toward company goals. The Gas Compression PSSR is expected to complete all Dealership assigned training programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cleveland Brothers Equipment Company https://clevelandbrothers.applicantpool.com
HR. Website URL: